Need help responding to your online reviews? Just read this post!
Responding to reviews demonstrates that your company is reliable and authentic. 78% of consumers believe that a business cares more about them when they see management respond to reviews.1 Check out these simple steps for responding to online reviews, no matter the circumstance.
Do you know when you get reviews?
To respond to reviews promptly, make sure you have a system or use a tool to automate the collection of your reviews across all review and listing websites.
- Know who will be alerted.
- Note which reviews need to be prioritized.
- Have your response components documented.
How long does it take you to respond to reviews?
Write back with unique responses that speak directly to the customer.
- Respond within 3 days at most.
- Do not slap a canned response on every review.
Did you research the circumstances of the review?
Evaluate from the data you have the detailed events around a review (especially for negative reviews) before you respond.
- Did it really happen?
- Why did it happen?
- Will it happen again?
- How are you going to rectify the situation for this customer?
Do you have components of responses handy for the person who will be responding to reviews?
For negative reviews, it is important to use the 3 A’s: acknowledge, account, and act.
- Empathize and acknowledge emotion of the reviewer.
- Account for circumstances and details of the event.
- Describe what was learned and what will change as a result of the review.
Did you leave a concluding sentence with an appreciation for the review and a way for the reviewer to reach your support team?
This demonstrates to other consumers that you care enough to speak to your customers personally and turn a possible bad experience into a good one.
- Send a private message if necessary to address further issues.
- Make sure everything is trackable for records.
Get approval for your review responses from proper management before posting, and keep your review elements template in a repository that your team can easily access. Responding to reviews is important, but should be done with a strategy that aligns with the values of your organization.
Do you need a tool to gather all of your reviews, respond on your behalf if necessary, and save your team valuable time? Contact a representative today to learn more about CS Reviews.
Source: 1. https://moderncomment.com/customer-feedback-stats