Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI)
- What is DNI?
- DNI stands for Dynamic Number Insertion.
- How does DNI work?
- When a lead comes to your website, DNI will display a unique phone number to that user based on a unique user or source.
DNI uses a pool of local or toll-free numbers in the background based on your website to ensure that each user (or source) is assigned its own specific phone number to track through from digital to offline conversion.
- How do I set up and use DNI?
- 1. Determine your highest daily number of concurrent users on your website. This will be used to determine your dynamic phone number pool.
3. Assign the source code(s) for where your DNI numbers will be placed on your website.
5. When the user calls the dynamic phone number, you can tie back online actions made before the call to users.
- Does this call tracking solution provide keyword-level and website click path attribution?
- Yes. CallSource is the only company that can track the entire consumer journey with EveryLead.
- Can CallSource’s solution track calls from multiple phone numbers on a single web page (such as a Find a Location webpage)?
- Yes, CallSource’s dynamic number solution can track calls from multiple phone numbers on a single webpage.
- How big a pool of phone numbers does CallSource’s dynamic number insertion solution require to give me the data I need?
- The amount of numbers needed in a dynamic number pool depends per user. CallSource uses a proprietary solution that is user session-based, allowing for true attribution to the entire consumer journey. While the number pool depends per user, CallSource also has dynamic pool size adjustment, which other dynamic number insertion solutions do not.