Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer
Reports To: IT Management
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Send Resume to: NOCApply@callsource.com
The NOC Engineer position requires a skilled, highly motivated individual with technical and problem-solving skills. NOC Engineers respond to all service interruptions or performance problems, as well as track all trouble tickets to ensure closure of the problem in a timely manner. The NOC Engineer consults with the appropriate Carriers and IT teams to resolve problems. Provide monitoring, escalation, and status reporting of network servers including Linux, Asterisks, and Windows servers.
The NOC team works closely with all support teams and other members of the Engineering department to develop a strong well-rounded understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and meticulous attention to detail are key skills, along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately. This candidate must be eager and quick to learn, must exhibit clear communication skills, and demonstrate initiative to tackle a broad range of problems. Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and possibly swing or grave shift on a rotating schedule.
The following duties and responsibilities represent the essential functions of the job. A staff member may be required to perform additional duties.
- Perform daily system checks to ensure critical systems and services are operational
- Knowledge and usage of Nagios and Cacti or similar monitoring tools
- Schedule flexibility with the ability to work non-standard business hours
- A keen analytical and structured approach to problem-solving
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Use our SalesForce CRM system to track workflow
- Asterisk, Nagios, Cacti, and CRM experience highly preferred
- Unix/Linux commands line experience
- Knowledge in VoIP technologies
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong troubleshooting and multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in related field strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience
Experience & Requirements
- 2-5 years experience in a similar role
- Scripting skills desired
Sitting at desk, vision, close-up work, extensive computer work, speaking on the phone