This job is for our corporate office in Westlake Village, California, 91362, and is not a remote, work from home job. Compensation is $31.25 to $33.66/hour, depending on experience. This is a full time position with benefits.
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires a high volume of data processing and analysis on multiple projects in multiple verticals using SQL, VBA, PowerShell, and MS Excel for all functions. The required focus of the Data Analyst is to create a Data Warehouse and populate it with new automated versions of existing production reports. Duties include automating existing reports, dimensional modeling, analyzing data sets, designing and developing recurring and ad hoc reports, identifying discrepancies and errors, data cleansing, formatting, graphing, charting, mining, statistical analysis and report generation using MS Excel with Visual Basic for Applications, SQL in SQLite and PostgreSQL, Python, Bash, and other ETL tools.
- Utilize SQL to extract, transform, load, and analyze data.
- Automate existing reports that are currently comprised of solutions that primarily combine SQLite3 with VBA, Excel, Access and others.
- Enhance and automate tasks and reporting utilizing VBA or Python as appropriate.
- Pull, organize, and cleanse data in preparation for data analysis.
- Review and QC all data prior to use in projects.
- Design and build reports and report templates for new reports; utilizing charts, pivot tables, advanced Excel functions, VBA Programming, Python (preferred), and analysis tools.
- Prepare reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual frequencies using existing templates and processes.
- Create report documentation and implementation instructions for new projects.
- Manipulate and enhance existing templates as needed for new accounts, new needs, or new reports.
- Effectively work in a team environment, collaborating with team members on complex projects and with other departments to develop new reports and prepare metrics and key performance indicators.
- Work with IT to prepare reports for development and implementation into online tools.
- Manage and meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately, and change directions and approaches as needed.
- SQL (SQLite3, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Data Storage
- Data Aggregation
- Data Warehouse
- Dimensional Modeling
- Bash (or other command line interface experience)
- Must possess good communication skills and be adept at explaining your work clearly during meetings with management and team members
- 4 year quantitatively-focused degree preferred (i.e., Math, Finance, Statistics) or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced skill with SQL (SQLite3, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- ETL with command line interface (i.e. Bash)
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use software tools to evaluate client usage and other data points specific to projects
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook (MS Office 2016)
- Experience in Visual Basic for Applications (Excel and/or Access)
- Experience with Python programming and Git version control preferred
- Extensive computer use, sitting at desk, talking on phone and during meetings